Monday, November 22, 2010

Pretty in Pink: Day Look and Hair Tutorial

When you think of PINK, you think of...

See more on this post by clicking "Read More" below!


Here is how you can do this super quick day look that would be great for a romantic picnic or a day at the mall with friends.

Eyes:
To create this look at home, pick a few of your favorite pink eye shadows. Start with a light pink eye shadow across your lid, and then apply a hot/bright pink eye shadow for the outer ‘V’ of your eye using a smudge brush.  Apply a plum shade for your crease and remember to use a highlighting shade for the inner corner of your eyes and brow bone.  To make your look more sassy and flirtatious, you can line your upper lashes to create the illusions of thicker lashes and apply lots of mascara! Because this is a day time look I did not line my lower lashes, Instead I applied a pearl color eye shadow using an angled brush under my lower lashes. This effect helps your eyes look bigger and more awake.

Face:
Apply your favorite rosy blush and pink lip gloss and you’re ready to go!

Here is how you can get this cute hairstyle: 

Tools/ Products
1 ½ “ Curling Iron
Bobby Pins
Chi's Iron Guard

Flips or soft curls go great with a “Pretty in Pink “ look. I created this look by spraying my hair with Chi’s Iron guard spray. This spray helps protect the hair from heat and also has a bit of holding without the harsh chemicals of hair spray. I flipped my ends out using a 1 ½“ curling iron. While the hair is still hot, I curled up my ends with my fingers and pinned it in place. Allowing the hair to set while hot, will help the flip last longer. I suggest doing your hair first, then applying your make-up while the flips set. 

*By Eleni*

No comments:

Post a Comment