Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MAC PRO LONG WEAR FOUNDATION NW45 & WHY ITS NOT FOR ME!!

a



Hey Blossoms,

I know many of you are familiar with MAC. Some of you even use their products exclusively siteing MAC as your HOLY GRAIL of all thing cosmetics. While I agree many of their products rock there is ONE product in particular I've had a recent run in with that DOES NOT ROCK not one iota!!!

 This product is their MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation in NW45. Pictured here is color NC20.

MAC Pro Longwear SPF10 Foundation NC20

I just could not make this color(NW45 not the color shown above) work for me. Granted I only wore it all of 12 hours it just did NOT work for me as far as color matching. The undertone was way to red and I looked like a matte tomato topped with orange sauce(after the foundation oxidized). Now it IS LONG LASTING...I was slightly shiny after 12 hours of wear and only blotted 3 times during. The matte finish remained the entire way through but I felt the matte look was way to unnatural. It would have been best to wear it along my t-zone, wearing it all over the face just made me look as if I were wearing a mask.

As a woman of color I already have a difficult time finding foundations that match my sin tone. Like many woman of color, I am lighter at the center of my face and darker along the perimeter so sometimes (ok ALWAYS) it's necessary for me to mix at least 2 different foundation colors.
I steer clear of all of MACs other foundations due to reviews of the oily, greasy mess it leaves you with. I've tried them numerous times and I always end up regretting I ever did. Now please don't misunderstand me! MAC is a GREAT company and they offer some fabulous products. I'm STILL a proud Pro Card carrying member and I love their eyeshadows, paint pots, fluidlines and fix + spray!!! That's just to name a few. Unfortunately, their foundations NEVER work for me.

I make it a habit to try everything on myself first and depending on my experience will determine if it makes the grade and graduates to my kit. Its really hard to dislike a product, have a bad experience with it (continuously) and STILL decide to add it to your kit. It almost NEVER happens! MAC Pro Long wear foundation was no exception! I do LOVE MAC Pro longwear concealers! A review on those will be coming up soon.

Check out the video above for a more in depth review and to see this foundation on my skin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment