Friday, March 11, 2011

BLOSSOMS PICKS: 3 BEST & 3 WORSE COSMETIC PRODUCTS

Hey Blossoms,

As a freelance makeup artist I use many products from many different brands. I use what I like and what does the best job. There are a few brands that stand out as well as their products. Each brand has its qualities that I love the most. A quick rundown of similarities are these brands pride QUALITY! Whether you use foundation, powders, lipsticks or eyeshadows you know you'll be getting the best quality of each. Now I haven't used every product each brand has to offer nor do I use every type of product from each brand. I'll give you my top product from each brand:

1)Graftobian Creme Foundations

Blends superbly! Photographs like a dream and has a wide array of shades! Works well with oily/combo skin when paired with a great primer. SHERRY BLOSSOM APPROVED!

2)Inglot Eyeshadows

LOADS of colors! Super pigmentation! Different textures available and all perform great. Easy to blend with a smooth buttery texture. My favorite eyeshadows by far!



3)Black Opal Stick Foundations

Caters specifically to women of color. Great for all skin types! Has an awesome finish when applied properly and buffed into the skin with the right tools. Sheer, medium or full coverage. 

These products have been staples in my kit for quite some time. I love them! Clients love them! And everyone is happy! When you find an excellent product you stick with it because you always want to use what's best and what will guarantee the best finished look. These brands and products are just a few of my favorites in no particular order but I wanted to share to see if perhaps some of you all love these products too.

Now there will be products you try and love and products you try and dislike. The products that come to mine immediately are


1)Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

This makes skin look ashen and photographs horribly. Terrible for oily/combo skin although it boasts of a matte finish it does NOT deliver. Even powder foundation, primer, setting powder/spray can't fix this! PASS!


2)Maybelline Powder Blush Compacts

Packaging is terrible. This blush breaks EASILY. One tap or bump and it'll be in pieces. Poor pigmentation the brush applicator is useless. Color is NOT buildable and looks way to powdery on even when used with a light hand. MAC Fix + can't fix this! PASS!


3)Jordana Clear Lipgloss

Feels like tar on the lips! Creates a sticky, clumpy, gooey mess and acts like an exfoliator on the lips. It seems to make lips flaky. Horrid white paste line creator! Does not apply smoothly at all it glides on like TAR! Blotting this lipgloss is a horror its way to thick yet its runny too! PASS!

These products failed to either perform the way they were advertised or were just poorly made! Although each company DOES have items I like these listed items failed to make the grade. They all get a CAPITAL F! Kind of harsh, it may seem but trust me I tried to make them work time and time again to no avail.

Have you had any run-ins with any of these products mentioned? 

What are your thoughts?

Just leave a comment below!

Until Next Time,

Later Blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment